2009-02-22

Dog-watching

It's interesting how Astrid already has her own personality, and is interested in things on her own terms and not always on mine. For instance, she's a dog-watcher. She sits in her high chair at breakfast facing the window so she can see out and see people walking by in the street. What she gets excited about are the dogs. There are lots of people going by walking their dogs and she always notices when one walks into her frame of view. She then yells loudly at the dog, trying to get its attention and greet it. If out of her chair she bangs on the window trying to get its attention. And she becomes very happy and excited.

I have not previously been much of a dog-watcher, but now, because I know how happy it makes her, I am always on the look-out for a dog to point out to her. It's nice to feel myself get excited about a small event like a dog-sighting. She's good at this; reminding me to slow down and notice the little things.

No comments: