2008-04-10

Quick!

It's time for me to make a big change in the way I do things. Namely, I have to start doing things faster if I want to actually get anything done. I have spent a lot of time in my life hesitiating, pondering, pausing, and considering. Now is not the time for any of those things.

Now that I have a baby, time is different. My use of it is different. It's very unpredictable when I will actually get time to do things: write, make stuff, clean up...or sometimes, on the crazier days, get dressed, eat, think...

I love Astrid dearly. She's my priority right now. She comes first. But for my well-being I have to accomplish other small things over the course of a day. The only way is to use the scraps of time I get and use them quickly! Before she wakes up...

Which is different for me, but sort of freeing too. I don't have time to do things well, necessarily. So there's no pressure. Getting some bits written down, about anything, will be a triumph.

I have always experienced it to be true that haste makes waste. But now I'm being forced to rethink that. Haste makes, for me these days, something, at least. Even if that something is messy, unfinished, distracted, un-thought out.

No comments: