2007-03-01

Give up speak up keep up stand up rise up

Maintaining a balance is so precarious sometimes. Trying to know when to stand up and defend myself, when to be humble and admit I'm wrong and see my faults. When and how to complain, when to be quiet, when to demand to speak, when to ask for help. How do you know when to point out a fault, leave out or hold a grudge, work out a new way? Keep or kick an old habit? Turn over a new leaf?

When to give up, let go, give in; when to stand up, speak up, hold on, hold out? When to change direction, or to remember an old direction. When to try to see things through someone elses eyes; when to work to make someone see through mine.

Also, when should I embrace and allow danger and risks, leaps with eyes closed, courage? And when should I hide quietly and patiently, breathing and thinking in the dark?

No comments: